In this article, we’ll be exploring the advantages and disadvantages of different collagen treatments such as using Collagen creams. Hopefully this will help you to choose the right one for you. We will also be looking at how to use them to get maximum benefits.
Collagen is a very important protein which is used by your muscles and bones to maintain their strength. We all have Collagen in our skin and it has shown that boosting your Collagen can be an effective skin treatment, especially for winkle reduction.
As a result of this discovery, there have been more people using collagen supplements to improve their skin tone and texture. Boost Collagen and you can see an improvement in wrinkles, acne scars and even deep stretch marks.
When looking at collagen supplements to choose from, you’ll probably end up researching the difference between the different types – with the most popular being creams, pills, and liquids.
So let’s look at each of these collagen treatment types to see what they have to offer.
Collagen creams typically come in a tube or tub and the idea is that they can be rubbed into your skin. The protein is absorbed along with all of the nutrients and vitamins that the cream contains in addition to the key ingredient.
This is the most popular form that collagen comes in and thus, is most people’s first choice.
However, what most people don’t tend to know about this type of cream is that the particles are generally too big to be properly absorbed by your skin.
Therefore you should look for one that encourages your body to produce it’s own Collagen.
This type of Collagen renewal thanks to creams like XYZ Smart Collagen , is more likely to cause significant wrinkle reduction and plumping of skin that aids other skin conditions, than a basic Collagen based cream.
In comparison to pills or liquids, using a cream may be preferable because these creams are very easy to use and typically contain other beneficial ingredients such as moisturizing factors.
Pills and liquids may not taste that good and could have other negative effects which we will look at later in this article.
Advantages of Collagen Creams
- They aren’t expensive to buy and usually last a long time.
- They aren’t difficult to find (nowadays you can find a wide range of Collagen creams online and most pharmacies will have them on display too).
- Collagen creams generally contain other ingredients which are beneficial for your skin and help to keep it moisturized.
- Easier to use for most people in comparison to taking pills or tablets.
Disadvantages of Collagen Creams
- Some creams aren’t as effective as others or they could have added ingredients to prolong the storage life of the cream. Some creams have ingredients which will improve the product’s smell (which could irritate sensitive skin).
How to Use Them
To use a collagen cream, simply squeeze a small amount onto the tips of your fingers and massage it into the affected area. For example, if you’re trying to eliminate facial wrinkles, massage the cream onto your face where wrinkles are proving to be a problem.
Next, we have collagen pills – a supplement that comes in capsule form. If pills aren’t your thing, there are a few brands which sell tablets instead.
These are the cheapest form of collagen as in comparison to the liquids and creams, they aren’t as expensive to make.
After you take a collagen pill, the capsule is broken down by your stomach acid, the collagen is released, and it is absorbed by your stomach lining; thus absorbing some of it into your system.
Not everyone is comfortable with capsule/pill supplements and will struggle to swallow them, which is why this isn’t as popular as the other forms.
Advantages of Collagen Pills
- They are the cheapest form of collagen available and are easy to find in stores.
- Depending on the brand, collagen pills may contain additives such as Vitamin C or Hyaluronic Acid which will have added health benefits.
Disadvantages of Collagen Pills
- Not everyone is comfortable taking pills.
- Pills need to be broken down by your stomach acid before they are effective.
- Studies have shown that upon consumption, our bodies are only capable of using around 50% of a pills contents.
- Possibility of an allergic reaction depending on what the source of the pills Collagen is.
How to Use Them
A lot of people struggle with taking pills. I apologize if this guide seems a bit too simplistic but sometimes the simplest advice can help most.
Simply place a pill in your mouth, take a sip of water, and swallow without thinking – if you stop and think about it, you’ll struggle even more to swallow the pill.
Depending on the brand of collagen pills that you’ve purchased you may have to take multiple pills, so you should always read the packaging.
If you really struggle with taking pills then try putting the pill in your mouth, taking a big sip of water, and facing your head downwards. A common mistake people make is tipping their heads up as they do when taking medication.
Because pills have air inside of them they float to the surface of the water (facing your throat). This method makes them easier to swallow.
One of the more recently produced forms of collagen is in liquids. They come in the form of a bottled extract which is then mixed with a drink. If you don’t want to have take pills or apply creams to your skin, using a collagen liquid is an option.
Advantages of Collagen Liquids
- Some of the liquid will be absorbed by your stomach lining and into your system within 5-10 minutes of consumption.
- More flexibility on when you have to take a liquid supplement and how much of the liquid you can add to your drinks.
- Available in a range of different flavors, depending on the brand that you look at, meaning that unpleasant tastes can be minimized (although it is impossible to remove the taste altogether).
Disadvantages of Collagen Liquids
- More expensive than the other collagen supplements that are available.
- Stricter storage requirements (e.g. you will have to finish your bottle within a shorter time than the likes of pills and creams).
How to Use Them
Simply add the recommended amount of the liquid to your drink, mix well, and drink it. Depending on the brand you may have some flexibility such as being able to drink several servings each day or increasing the amount of liquid that you use per serving. This will depend on the specific liquid that you buy.
Other Forms of Collagen Supplements
While the supplements that we listed above are the most common, you can also purchase Collagen as a powder.
By simply mixing this flavored powder in a bottle full of water (or sometimes milk), you can create a Collagen protein shake and drink it throughout the day to keep yourself hydrated while at the same time getting a healthy dose of collagen.
Which Collagen Product Is Best For Me?
As you can see, each of these products have their own benefits as well as their downsides, but they all have one thing in common – whichever you choose to use, you’ll receive a healthy dosage of collagen and your skin, health, and lifestyle will slowly improve over time.
When deciding which form to purchase, keep in mind that all brands are different In terms of quality and effectiveness.
Here at Female Health Site we recommend XYZ Smart Collagen cream because it encourages your body to produce more Collagen specifically at the site where it is applied, rather than hoping drinks or pills will 1) Actually be absorbed and 2) Send Collagen to the site of wrinkles.
It uses entirely natural plant extracts to avoid the irritation and allergic reactions you might get with other sources. And it causes long-term firmness and elasticity which are absolutely essential for obtaining youthful skin and wrinkle reduction.