Breast reduction is also known as reduction mammaplasty. This procedure removes extra breast fat, glandular tissue, and skin is also removed to get the right breast size.
If you are considering breast reduction we understand that it is a personal decision. You need to be well-informed of the benefits you will receive from the procedure, but you need to consider risks of the surgery and any potential complications you may develop. With this knowledge you’ll be able to decide if the risks are worth it.
Breast reduction surgeries are sometimes performed in the plastic surgeons, surgical facility, an office based facility that is accredited. The surgeries may also be done in outpatient facilities, or a hospital. Your surgeon and his staff will make sure you are safe and comfortable.
The plastic surgeon and the staff will outline all the risks that could possibly happen with this type of surgery. You will have to sign forms to consent to the surgery, that you fully understand the procedure that will take place, and that you’re willing to accept potential risks or complications.
What are the risks?
There are no guarantees when it comes to medicine and surgery. Of course good results are usually expected, but when optimal results are not achieved further surgery may be necessary.
After surgery if you experience unusual heartbeats, chest pains, shortness of breath, call your doctor right away. These complications may require a hospital stay for additional care.
Other risks include:
- Unevenness of the breasts
- Too much tissue taken out
- Too little tissue taken out
- severe scarring
- Life threatening infections
Medicine and surgery are not 100% full proof. We want to stress again, that there is no guarantee, and in some situations you may need further surgery.
It is key that you follow the instructions from your plastic surgeon. It is important that during post-surgery, or the healing time, that you do not use abrasion, excessive force, or motion on surgical incisions. You will receive specific instructions to care for yourself and to minimize any breast reduction surgery risks.
Another choice – Naturally reducing breast size
Reducing your breast size surgically leaves scars, can take weeks to heal, and is expensive. Such surgeries may be necessary for women who have very large breasts, and suffer from neck, back, and shoulder problems.
If you want to reduce the size of your breasts without surgery, there are other options. Breasts are mostly made of fat, and fat can always be shaped, and shed.
The following are three ways that you can achieve this:
- Exercise. Create an exercise routine that makes you sweat (really sweat!), and will raise your heart rate. Cardio exercises will shed fat, but you need to have a regular schedule. Your schedule should include 4 – 5 days each week.
- Diet. Pick a diet that is full of fresh fruit, vegetables, and lean meat, and drink lots of water. Keep a journal of the amount of calories that you’re eating each day, and try not to go over 1500. When your body starts to shed fat, your breasts will start shrinking naturally.
- Strength Training. Cardio exercises are necessary but to improve muscle tone strength training is a must. Chest muscles should be your focus, which will give your breast lift and reduction. When you tone and tighten your muscles, your breasts will also become toned and tighten. Push-ups, pull-ups, and rowing exercises are great to accomplish this. Lifting hand weights and doing arm exercises will also tone up your breast muscles.
Breast reduction done naturally through exercise and weight loss will only do so much. Therefore, if you are set on having a breast reduction done surgically it is wise to lose weight prior to surgery, because if you decide to diet after the procedure you may be disappointed with what your body looks like.
Breast reduction pills are a quick and easy way to naturally reduce the size of your breasts. We chose Alexia as our top rated product for breast reduction because of the results it gives and its safety compared to breast reduction surgery.
In conclusion, it is wise to research all your options before making any decisions. Make sure to research what women are saying about the pros of breast reduction surgery and breast reduction surgery risks on the internet. Based on that, hopefully you will make an informed decision that you will not regret.